IN THE HEART OF PAISLEY
Terms & Conditions
The HB Film Festival will take place in Paisley, Scotland on Oct 2022 (subject to change).
1. Submission Deadlines -- Subject to change. Early entry is encouraged.
2. Submission Format -- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway by online screener ONLY.
We do not accept subsequent cuts or more complete versions of submitted films, therefore changing or updating the originally submitted link is not accepted.
3. Submission Eligibility -- All submissions must have been completed.
4. Premiere Status -- There is no premiere policy for short films or feature films but if the film is having its premiere screening at HB FILM FESTIVAL, then please let us know. That is a bonus. Feature Films must not have been released in the UK on any format, nor screened publicly online (unless first discussed with the Festival Director). If, after you submit, the premiere status of your feature film changes rendering it no longer available for at least UK premiere, please let us know immediately.
5. Film Classification -- All films screened during the HB FILM FESTIVAL will not have been certificated by the film council. Please take this into account when attending screenings at the festival.
6. Submission Fee -- All submissions for HB FILM FESTIVAL are to be paid through FilmFreeway platform. The submission fee is non-refundable.
7. Shipping -- If selected you may be asked to send your film electronically or by post. You will be given more information on this after the selection process. If the film is selected for the Festival all shipping and postage costs for DCPs etc and additional materials sent to and returned from HB FILM FESTIVAL must be borne by the submitting party. HB FILM FESTIVAL will not accept Cash On Delivery shipments. HB FILM FESTIVAL will not absorb any fees incurred in British customs. All charges must be pre-paid.
8. Selection of Films -- Submissions are reviewed and selected under the following criteria:
- Quality of narrative and production values.
- Independent nature of the production.
9. Notification -- HB FILM FESTIVAL will complete the selection procedures by Sept and inform all submitting parties, via email, if their film has been successful or not after that time.
10. Festival Screenings -- Selected films MUST provide an electronic copy in order to be screened at the HB FILM FESTIVAL, as well as a backup. The film title MUST be clearly labelled. All foreign language films MUST contain English subtitles. Our facilities do NOT support DVD, tape, 35mm, Super 16mm, 8mm or double-head formats.
The project must be received at HB FILM FESTIVAL no later than TWENTY days prior to its scheduled screening date.
11. Scheduling -- Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of HB FILM FESTIVAL. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, HB FILM FESTIVAL reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. HB FILM FESTIVAL will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
No film may be withdrawn from the festival programme after its selection.